Located just outside of St Columb a House is known to have existed on the property as far back as the 1600's. In the 1950s the site was developed into dwellings and in the early 60s it became a camp site, which it continues to operate as to this day.
The Old Hall at the site was used as a venue and hosted many entertainment nights, which included folk performances. In 1972 a record was released of one of these performances, featuring Alison, Ann, Ken, Blue & Taff.
Blue was an Australian seconded to the Air Force or RAF, and along with Taff (a Welshman) he was involved in running a folk club ('The Quarter Staff Club') with Mic McCreadie at RAF St Mawgan. Ken was involved in the musical scene around the St Columb area. Alison was Taff's partner. The self released single was presumably sold as a souvenir to those visiting and staying in the area.
Did you visit this venue? If so please get in touch!