Named after their Echo guitars. Rod Knight's father was a musician involved in local bands from the 1930's to the 1960s. He encouraged the four bandmembers and sourced their Echos for them.
The group were what would nowadays be called a Shadows tribute band. They were much in demand, they supported local pantomimes and played in village halls at Tintagel, St Mabyn, Davidstow, Camelford and such. Playing at the new Sir James Smiths school the crowd was so enthusiastic that the dancing was stopped in case the stilleto shoes ruined the new floor!!
Their equipment was supplied by Claude Knight who played with the Biddicks